Here's an interesting fall libation. The Manuka Flip has the great characteristics of the flip cocktail family with a little extra spice of the season. While flips are not as common as they once were, they are still great and the egg, which can put some people off, is essential to bind the ingredients and create a velvet feel to the drink. It's delicious and worth a try.
- 1 part 42 Below Honey Vodka
- 1/2 part Benedictine
- 1 part pear juice
- 4 figs, finely chopped
- pinch of cinnamon
- half an egg yolk
- nutmeg for garnish
- Muddle the figs and cinnamon in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the vodka, Benedictine and pear juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice and add the egg yolk.
- Shake vigorously (moreso than usual to ensure the egg is thoroughly mixed).
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a dusting of nutmeg.