• 1/4-1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
• 1 1/2 oz. blended whiskey
Dash Angostura bitters
Maraschino cherry [optional]
Mix all ingredients with plenty of ice in a mixing glass or pitcher and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Amount of vermouth should be adjusted to individual taste.
To create the " Perfect Manhattan" add 1/4-1/2 oz of dry vermouth. Search under "Manhattan" to find 20 other variations on this true classic that is presently enjoying a revival.
• 1 1/2 oz. tequila (100% agave - count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
• 1 Splash lime juice (from one freshly squeezed lime)
• 1 Splash Orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec )
Makes one cocktail.
Combine all ingredients over a glass of ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge and salt (or sugar) if you’d like.
During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show, Anne Hathaway (nominated for her role in Rachel Getting Married) mentioned her preference for a particular version of Margarita. Enjoy the low calorie, low salt, award winning ANNE HATHAWAY MARGARITA (aka Skinny Girl Margarita).
• 1/3 oz. Orange liqueur (Cointreau, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier)
• 1/2 oz. pomegranate juice
• 1 750-ml. bottle champagne
Mix Pomegranate Juice and Orange Liquor with plenty of ice in a mixing glass and strain into a chilled cocktail or champagne glass.
Top with Moët & Chandon White Star Champagne.