This weekend officially kicks off the summer festivities. The weather is finally nice enough to invite a few friends over for a good ole fashioned B-B-Q in the backyard - you definitely can't have a Memorial day BBQ without the lemonade! Today's drink is a non-alcoholic recipe but if you want to turn this into an adult beverage than just add vodka.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: About 3 hours
Makes: 24 servings
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 cans (12 oz each) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans (11.5 oz each) frozen raspberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed
- 12 cups water
- 4 cans (12 oz each) lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Into 2 ice cube trays, carefully spoon raspberries with syrup. Add enough water to just cover raspberries. Freeze about 3 hours.
- In very large glass or plastic container, mix lemonade concentrate, raspberry juice concentrate and water. (Or mix 1 can of each concentrate and 6 cups water in each of 2 large pitchers.) Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir carbonated beverage into lemonade mixture. Place ice cubes in glasses in glasses; pour lemonade mixture over ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
Tips: Mix the lemonade, raspberry juice and water up to 2 days ahead of time. Garnish lemonade with fresh mint leaves.