As Hannukah quickly approaches stoves are heating up in preparation for the Festival of Lights, otherwise known as the Festival of Fried Foods. For eight wondrous nights, friends and families will indulge in latkes, doughnuts, and other fabulous foods. Here is some great inspiration I found on Frog Prince Paperie for setting your Hannukah table in high style. Click here to get these great decorations in time for your Hannukah celebration.
I have always said there is something about a ranch wedding that I just absolutely LOVE and this wedding is no exception! It is truly stunning. I love how this couple combined their their humorous and quirky personalities to the beautifully decorated, contemporary country setting of the Atwood Ranch. These photos definitely say it all!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and find some inspiration for your upcoming wedding.
All of the photos were taken by GB Photographers of San Francisco - Thank you for sharing these beautiful images.
All of the photos were taken by GB Photographers.
Garrett Burdick and Matt Reoch. They met 8 years ago knowing that they were both passionate about photography. What they didn't know was how much fun they would have working together (this definitely shows in their work). After a few years of collaborating on other projects and discoverinmg that they laughed as much as they worked, they decided to join forces to create GB Photographers. That was back in 2004 and over the past four years they have photographed intimate weddings with 20 guests to extravagant multi-day destination weddings with a guest list in the hundreds.
If the answer is Yes than we have some great tips for you to help make your guests feel like they are right at home.
1. Is your guest room to hot or too cold? If it's on the cold side than be sure to set out extra blankets on the bed or in the closet. If it tends to get a little warm than make sure that windows can be opened easily if the room gets stuffy. My pet peeve is the light, so I like to make sure that the shades work so early-morning light can be blocked out or another option is to leave a sleeping eye mask on the nightstand (and a set of ear plugs).
2. You should also have an alarm clock and reading lamp on the nightstand. Make sure your closets are somewhat clear so guests will feel comfortable to unpack. There is nothing worse then when your house guest opens a closet and it explodes with all of your winter coats. Don't forget to leave a few empty hangers.
3. Leave a few current magazines on the nightstand as well just in case your houseguest can't sleep. We have a tv in our guest room as well with all of the cable channels. We try to think like a hotelier and have all of the luxuries you may have in your own home.
4. I can't sleep without a glass of water so I keep a pitcher of water with a glass or bottled waters on the dresser. Sometimes I leave a small package of nuts out as well...so guests can feel like they have their very own minibar.
5. This should go without saying but definitely make sure the bathroom is clean, especially the tub and shower curtain, which are often neglected in a guest room. Leave a candle and a can of air-freshener in close reach, since guests might feel self-conscious asking for it after the fact. And don't forget to leave an roll of toilet paper in the bathroom; be sure to keep them in a visible spot (try a basket on the floor) so guests don't need to rummage around looking for a roll.
6. I love pretty things and I especially love pretty, scented hand and bath soaps - set some out and you will be suprised how special you will make your guests feel. I always try to think of all the things I love when I go to a hotel which is why I believe in investing in cozy, fluffy towels -- Yum!
7. Make a list of all of the toiletries you've ever forgotten on a trip, then run to the drugstore to buy at least one of each. Your guests will feel spoiled, and you will definitely look like the Hostess with the Mostess.
8. Hopefully you will have a chance to talk to your guests before they arrive; be sure and let they know what you have planned for their visit so they can pack accordingly. If you're taking them on a hike or bringing them to a hot, new trendy restaurant, they'll appreciate that you told them about these plans and feel more comfortable.
9. It seems like everyone these days is either gluten free or a vegetarian so now I ask my guests if they have any dietary restrictions so I know what to keep in the cupboards. Oh, while we are on this topic I have a cat and you would be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) by how many people are allergic to cats (or dogs) so now I let my house guests know that I have a cat so they can decide if they are able to stay with us or not.
10. Whatever you do - don't sweat the small stuff this will only make your guests uncomfortable. Just have fun - your guests really just want to be able to spend some quality time with you.
3 more days until Thanksgiving...can you believe it?!?! Check out some of these stylish, yet easy-to-create Thanksgiving centerpieces. I think my favorite thing about all of these centerpieces are that they are simple and they use natural, organic materials....perfect for this occasion.
I have already picked out my favorite...Which one is yours?
Domino Magazine suggests using pheasant feathers as a centerpiece to give your table that WOW effect. I think this is such an elegant look.
These easy and colorful placecard holders can also double as centerpieces plus the kid's will love to eat them after dinner is served.
Happy Turkey Day!
Anders Ruff designed this Thanksgiving Feast collection for an exclusive photoshoot styled by the ever-so-popular, Courtney Dial of Pizzazzerie! (www.pizzazzerie.com)
I love how Courtney styled this Thanksgiving table - Your family will oooh and ahhh with this elegant collection of reds, browns & golds... the perfect color story for your traditional Thanksgiving family feast. Thanks for the inspiration, Courtney!
Invitations definitely set the stage for any occasion and establish the mood and the style of the day. Be sure to coordinate your invitation with your theme and palette - it can be as easy as choosing a color font or ribbon, or as elaborate as layering color-coordinated cards. For this wedding the couple selected a letterpress invite, scripted in their signature navy color, and added a navy-and-white polka-dot ribbon that plays off their overall dot motif. For this subtle pattern to make a big impact, carry it through on the other paper products too.
I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is already next week. Our house gets pretty crowded at Thanksgiving so we always set a kid's table...These Thanksgiving crafts by Fiskars are perfect for the kid's table.
How fun is this turkey leg placecard holder?! For the full directions on how to make these great crafts click here.
Gobble, gobble! What a great table decoration and a simple craft.
Use construction paper in lieu of a tablecloth and let the kids draw all over the table. What kid doesn't love to draw on the table?! This is the one time it will actually be ok and it will keep them pre-occupied for a little bit while you finish making your Thanksgiving feast.
Since Thanksgiving is a day to gather family and friends and remember what we are truly grateful for than this Thanksgiving tree is the perfect centerpiece. Kids can write on the leaves of the tree what they are thankful for this year.
Happy Turkey to you all and Thanks to Fiskars for all of these really great craft ideas.
Thanksgiving is next week and if you haven't figured out what you are doing for your decor then we have a suggestion for you...Thanksgiving Printables!! Perfect for you last minute party planners. It's so simple...just purchase this printable collection on our site and a PDF will be emailed you within 24 hours with all of these great graphics. All you need to do is print and voila...instant decor!
Check out some of the ways we used this collection...
The Printable Thanksgiving Design Collection Includes:
2 Sheets of Square or Circle party Logos (15 logo designs)
2 Sheets of Square “Thank You” Tags
1 Sheet of Flag Labels (4 designs)
2 Wine Bottle Wraps
1 Sheet of Drink Wraps (3 designs)
2 Sheets of Menu Cards (One blank design and one pre personalized design)
5 Sheets of Blank Folding Placecards/Labels (5 designed color schemes)
4 Sheets of Blank folding Food Tent Labels (4 color schemes)
4 Sheets of Personalized Food Tent Labels (4 color schemes)
1 Sheet of “I am Thankful for” Cards
9 Sheets of Patterned Papers
33 pages of graphic printable designs are included.
This collection definitely makes you look like a pro when it comes to hosting!