Laa Dee Da! These delicious frozen treats are perfect for any occasion especially if you are looking for a fun summer signature drink...easy to serve and fun for all! Think Kir Royale and trade out the champagne for Prosecco, throw in some blackberries with a splash of lime, some zest and you have a super yummy popsicle treat.
20 oz Prosecco
1/3 cup of blackberries
4 oz crème de cassis
Splash of fresh lime juice
2 pinches of lime zest
1. Place blackberries in a bowl and pour crème de cassis on top and toss to coat. Using a muddler or a rounded blunt end of a kitchen tool, crush berries into the crème de cassis. Add lime juice and zest, toss to combine.
2. Measure out approximately 1 teaspoon of berry mixture into bottom of your chosen popsicle form and pour Prosecco on top.
3. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight.
A few notes:
1. Do not remove from freezer until ready to serve, or plate over crushed ice as the carbonation in the Prosecco creates tiny air pockets that will make the popsicles melt faster.
2. Cordial glasses were used for the popsicles in the picture, but any form will work.
Find more cocktail recipes in Endless Cocktails